Wednesday, June 24, 2009

How my day would go so well if everything just went as I scheduled them!

But that is not how being a wife, mother, sister, daughter, active church member goes. I have to re-arrange me schedule multiple times during the day, heck what am I really talking about? There end of being no schedule at all. (Which is very hard for this need to check-off in the little box, kind of person.) When my kids fall asleep in the car on the ride to the grocery story so I can get dinner we end up getting cans of chili and corn for dinner that night instead of warm French bread, fresh fruit and a side of salad to go with that gourmet chili dinner.
But life isn’t about me. It’s about everyone. It’s about who I can help, how I raise my family out of love and not schedule exactness. It’s not about getting all the time in the world to myself to write the novel I’ve been daydreaming about getting to all week, it’s about writing down my ideas on mini scrap pieces of paper, the back of envelopes, and running to the computer saying, “Just a minute. Mommy will be right back to play tea set. I just have to get a real drink.” And go write down my thoughts.
It’s running, jumping, slipping, sliding, crying, laughing, and finding time to sit back and be an active part of your own life and not just watch it pass you by in a whirl wind of activities that you didn’t really want to do in the first place.
Life is about bettering oneself and helping others. I never would have consciously thought, “I’ll go be a part of a Dental Association! What a wonderful idea. I’ll go better the world one person at a time with only my desire to serve and supreme lack of dental knowledge.”
No, that is not how it started. How did I become a member? Well I’ll tell you and why I will be one for life… More to come!

3 comments:

Yonker Family said...

Your girls are so beautiful and growing so fast. Your hair is SO long, I love it. Thanks for all the great pictures, it looks like you are guys are having a lot of fun.
And good luck on your writing, it's wonderful that you have found something you feel passionate about.

Shaun - Jillian said...

I cannot believe how big your girls are getting, especially Arya. She seems to have grown in to a little girl all of the sudden - she is definitely not a baby anymore. They are beautiful!

Ben and Laurie said...

Neat post...thanks for your thoughts. It is so easy to become a list checker, but the best days are the spontaneous ones with those you love. You guys look great. Hope your summer has been fun!!