It’s the calm before the storm, that I never see
Everything is good until the challenge faces me
The lunch is cooking and kids almost in place
Mmm, I’m so hungry with yummy smells near my face
“Go get in your chair, and sit down quick.”
We rush to our places, and I almost get a lick
But before the bite, the baby lets out a cry
“Oh no,” I think, “Please, just one try!”
Then I hear it, that thunderous roar
I better hurry before…
Oh no, I’m too late! It’s already leaked out!
Now it’s up the stairs to get the stains out
Eww, the smell is so different than the food right before
“It’s not fair.” I say, as I scrub even more
Okay, fresh clothes, and the laundry is in
Now down the stairs I go, to bite right in…
Ahhhh!!!
Come on!!!
No, this can’t be
I was just up there for a minute or three
What a mess, and look at that smile on your face
You’d think I never cleaned this place
What is the right thing to do?
Do I just laugh or yell at you?
“Okay, just keep your cool.” I sigh to myself
Now it’s off to the kitchen for the rag on the shelf
At the sink I notice, staring me in the face
A message from God, in just the right place
“Joy!” It screams, and whispers too
See the joy in being you
That old soap bottle had a message for me
Find joy in the trials and toils that be
It’s God who cultivates the strength in mothers
For the times ahead, when she needs to lift others
I thank thee God, for strengthening me
Little by little, until the day that I am with thee
7 comments:
Very nice poem...did you write it? The pictures are great, too!
Did you write this? It's great, it is just how I feel every night at dinner.
We appricate our moms so much more after we become one. LOVE the poem, you are amazing!
Yes, I did write it. I guess I should have put that down.
What a sweet poem Kaleena, and very realistic! You are such a great mom, and your kids are adorable. I love the new pics of Arya!
Nice poem! You better copyright that quick! It's a good one! Joey liked it as I read it to him. Why does it take becomming a mom to finaly appreciate them? I'd be nothing without mine.
Sorry, ^that is Diane...silly computer problems..
Post a Comment